Sunday, October 25, 2020

TIM BURNS FOR COUNTY COMMISSIONER

tim burns

Vote TIM BURNS for Oakland County Commissioner representing the Auburn Hills, Troy and Rochester area. Check out the League of Women Voters candidate forum to see the difference between my opponent and myself. While I will focus on working for constituents Tom Kuhn engages in untrue political attacks. Haven't we had enough of these Trump-like politicians wo don't believe truth matters?!

As a County Commissioner representing Troy and Clawson, I served in the Minority as a Democrat and I have to say that what Thomas E. Kuhn describes in his rantings is the behavior I witnessed by Republicans as a member of the Oakland County Board of Commissioners. In fact, from my discussions with the Chairman of the Board the Democratic leadership has enhanced oversight of spending practices and increased transparency in the government. The Democratic County Executive David Coulter, Treasurer Andy Meisner and Board Chairman David Woodward have presented their budget goals and priorities to the private sector financial institutions that set bond ratings and Oakland County has continued to maintain its coveted, national leading AAA status. So Commissioner Kuhn is just not being honest with people!

tim burns


In his one term on the Oakland County Board of Commissioners, Thomas E Kuhn has not accomplished anything for the residents of Auburn Hills, Troy and Rochester. He has just engaged in political attacks bringing the disfunction of Lansing and Washington to Oakland County government. Ironically, many of the budget issues he boasts about being involved in he voted against. Check out the minutes from the Board of Commissioners meetings for yourself! It appears that Mr. Kuhn is angry that what he thought was going to be a cushy job rubber stamping a Republican agenda didn't turn out that way. He doesn't want to work for the community he just wants to complain.

On the other hand, when I served on the Minority during my County Commission terms Tim Burns still got things done to benefit residents. I drafted and sponsored the County's E-verify policy that is still in place 10 years later. It ensures that businesses receiving County contracts play by the rules and don't get an unfair advantage by preventing them from hiring illegal workers. As a Democrat, I partnered with Republican Sheriff Michael Bouchard and Republican Prosecutor David Gorcyca to create a Consumer Protection Initiative that received accolades from law enforcement. I even chaired meetings of the Public Services committee as a Democrat on a Republican-led Board of Commissioners. This was at a time when Republicans stacked committees to dilute the influence of Democratic members of the Board.

tim burns


If elected to represent the Auburn Hills, Rochester and Troy area on the Board, I will continue this bipartisan approach of putting community first. I am running because we need people who put people before politics in elected office. If you agree with me, I'd appreciate your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment